Wednesday 27 February 2013

Double Liebster Award


Ange and Pippa both nominated me for the Liebsters Award.

To qualify, you need to have under 200 hundred followers (me) or be under 6 months old in blogging terms, and then do the following:

1.List 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer 11 random questions
3. Choose 11 blogs to pass it on to
4. Create 11 questions for those 11 people

Well as I'm behind the curve on this as I was nominated by Ange before she knew that I was her secret partner in the Pouch Swap...so I waited...then forgot! But most of you have now had the award, though if you read this and you would like me to officially pass it on to you then email me....infact Kath, who is going to the FQ retreat with me, I will pass it on to you, and you can choose any 11 of the following questions....easy!

Random Things

1. I was born in Lancashire and now live in Cornwall, but I have lived in Italy for 2 years.

2. I'm VERY untidy as I find it hard to throw stuff away and so I save it....anything from cardboard chocolate boxes to old shirts.....my other half could deal with this if I ever used them....but they are mounting up fast and he now refuses to go in one room....actually you can't get in the room anymore!

3. I've got double jointed elbows.

4. I'm allergic to cats, dogs and rabbits...achoooooo!

5. I love the outdoors and I can ski, canoe, climb, sail.....

6. I was a Brownie.....a long time ago

7. I tossed the coin to start an Aussie Rules Football match in Melbourne in front of thousands of people....hated it...one of my most scary moments. Think it was Collingwood v Carlton.

8. I'm a maths geek...but can't spell too well

9. I love historical fiction books

10. We don't have a TV in our van, but play lots of games...currently looking for Mille Borne, card came...but Uno is an old favourite.

11. I know nothing about films, music or TV.

pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeweeeeeeeeeeeee i'm exhasted already......

And Pippa's 11 probing questions

1) Name 4 things that are in reaching distance of you right now :)
Daffodils, DAB radio...which doesn't work very well here, sellotape and squirt the turtle that Kath made me......photo to follow...he's a bit camera shy :o)

2) What would your dream quilt shop be like?
Cheap!

3) Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Night person...I love to lay in bed in a morning and keep warm.

4) Sweet or Savory ?
Both, though I love crisps....and if I ever get to Australia again I will buy a box of Cherryripes!

5) Stripes or Spots ?
Spots...I still have teenage ones.
 
6) What 3 things would you take with you to space ?
Ipad, hot water bottle and crisps.

7) Who's your favourite fabric line/designer?
I love Heather Ross

8) If you could describe yourself in 4 words what would they be?
Tall, quiet, thoughtful geek...I'm sure other would say different.

9) Do you drink coffee or tea or something else ?
I don't like tea or coffee, so either alcohol or hot chocolate...I had to give up Cola because of the caffeine :o(

10) Why did you start/do you blog?
I was reading loads of blogs and I made a Tomte to enter in a book related blog hop.
 

11) Have you met any RL bloggers ?
I saw Carolyn Saxby on a beach in St Ives....but we didn't actually meet...yet!
I met up with Emily for a lovely day out and soon will meet Emily again and VerryKerryBerry and possibly Mary Emmens at the Sewing Directory Exeter meet up in March.
 
And Ange's questions:
1. What was the nicest dream you've ever had?
I think I'm living it, no work, time to travel, sew and read.


2. Where is your favourite place in the world?
Our secret beach on the SE Cornwall coast.

3 What is your favourite name?
Depends on what it's for...our van (Liberty) has an Ice Bat mascot called Numphra, but also Lerryn and Thomasina are great...good job I have no children!!

4. Red or white wine?
Both..and rose too!

5. Favourite gadget (not sewing related)
Tim bought me an Ipad mini for Christmas

6. Favourite quilter/blogger
Too many to mention.

7. Which fruit or vegetable best describes you?
String bean...leek? I think I should be able to write something funny here..but I'm not very funny!

8. Most exciting thing you've ever done?
Sailed half-way across the Atlantic and visited St Helena on the way.
sthel031
Photo by Jackduvr from Flickr

9. Most hated word?

Bungalow

10. How did you choose your blog name?
Indianna has been my nickname for about 15 years and I'm a dreamer and a drifter rather than a do-er.

11. What is your worst habit?
Drifting

Anyone still here????...If so....this is me!




 

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo! A photo with all those random facts. Brilliant. Looking forward to meeting you at the retreat I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture, and love your favourite names, they would make some interesting kids names!! How did you like the Aussie Rules game? A friend took me when i went to a game in Melb too, and I thought it was fab, but i did have a few glasses of beer! (Double jointed elbows, sorry, but that sounds a bit creepy, don't show me at the Retreat please!!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek, you've just reminded me, still haven't finished my Liebester answers/questions....great, now I've just admitted it to the world, gah!
    Liberty is so cool! Are you bringing her to Retreat??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i really enjoyed reading your answers, I'm with you on the double jointed elbows and historical fiction but maths, let's just say it's not my strong point.

    ReplyDelete