Friday 2 March 2012

Mouthy Stitches Zippy Pouch

Union Flag PouchCool Camper

Scraps - anything you really don't like partner?
My zippy pouch has arrived and I love it....I'd seen a sneak peek of this one and I was hoping soooooo much that it was for me. Jan who blogs over at Isisjem, made a fantastic job of stalking me and seeing what I like. I loved a lot of the linen pouches in the swap that had splashes of patchwork colourful goodness...but I think that this is fantastic as it is personal to me. Thanks again Jan....and for the scraps too - typewriters and the tickets...yummmy.
The camper picture is very appropriate as we are about to set off around France in May for 3 months. I just took voluntary redundancy and Mr ID will finish work at the end of April and so we are going to make the most of life. Jan's pouch will be travelling with us with lots of hand stitching projects in it.
The pouch I made went to Ceri who blogs over at InspiredbyFelix and from the gushy email - I guess she likes it! Hope you have put lots of interesting stuff inside it Ceri......and don't squidge those French knots too much!
zippy pouch front - embroidered

Moda hometown patchwork pouch back

Back of pouch -scrummy Moda Hometown.
I had some Holly Hobbie fabric which I could have used for the pouch - people seemed to love her or hate her...but Julie from DistantPickles asked where she could get some....and so we did a bit of a swap. We swapped a Metre to make the postage to/from America worth while....but just look at this rainbow of scraps that tumbled through my letterbox..........now to make some stuff.....
A Metre of rainbow Scraps

7 comments:

  1. half the fun of this swap has been in seeing what pther people get xx this seems to be soo YOU xx have a wonderful trip... hope plans are coming along well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a zippy pouch would be nice for a BF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved Jan`s 1977 punk pouch - original and very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pouch is gorgeous and what a wonderful array of scraps you now have!! lucky lady :)

    would you mind turning off word verification please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both pouches!
    And those scraps look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used my lovely perfectly sized pouch last weekend, I was doing a shift in a local antiques shop and I took some hand sewing...and then I stroked my french knots (but didn't squish them too much!)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Indianna, My beautiful Mini Quilt arrived this morning and I am blown away. It is just perfect. Thank you. When I first saw it on Flickr I so dearly wished that it would be mine so you can only imagine how pleased, excited, happy, over the moon I am to have it take pride of place in my creative space :o) Like I have said, it is just perfect, thanks you so much. I will get a blog post organsied soon. Hugs Sharon xx Oh ..... and it arrived with another international parcel ..... some Bliss Fabrics so how is that for timing :o)

    ReplyDelete