Tim's Pirate Quilt is finished at last....it's taken me a while but I'm really pleased with it. We started with Tim's sketch based on the Cowboy Baby Quilt in the Material Obsession book.
I had to scale up the block size due to the size of the ships and skulls on the Emily Taylor Pirate fabric from Riley Blake. The only thing I didn't like about this fabric was that the two creams from the collection were different colours. The red is a Japanese print from FabricWorm and some precious Heather Ross dots/canon balls.
Looking back in my Flickr photos I can see that I finished the top back in January! I couldn't decide how to quilt it, as Tim would have liked some skulls or waves, but I just couldn't see it. In the end I quilted straight lines, 4.2426" apart, to make squares!
Finished at last....
and in time for the Fall Blogger's Quilt Festival over with Amy.
Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats - Entry No. 480
Finished quilt measures : 61″x 55″
Quilted by : Me!
Category : Baby Quilt, Machine Quilted at Home