Wednesday 18 January 2012

Pirate Quilt

Pirate Quilt design

When Mr ID drew these diagrams of a quilt he wanted based on the Cowboy Quilt in The Material Obsession Book - how could I resist making it?
The fabric from FabricWorm is Riley Blake by Emily Taylor - because of the scale of the ships I had to scale the pattern up.  Some Heather Ross dots also sneaked in there - they are cannon balls apparently.  I was fortunate to win the Dots in a giveaway by Go Go Kim.
pirate quilt
Pirate quilt
Now to decide how to quilt it - any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. FMQ waves? Great quilt. Love the skull and crossbones fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt, great for a boy!
    I love the thinking process: all the thought that's already in it.
    As forquilting: first I thought quilting around the ditch: a quarter inch away from the seam.
    But I think it would be a better idea to stipple it all over, except in the windmill blocks. i would stitch around those ditches to accentuate them and bring ( more) movement in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt! I am no help when it comes to how to quilt it. My go to is stippling :)

    ReplyDelete